Holiday garbage service
Garbage pickup is on your regularly scheduled day except for the weeks of Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's Day.
Thanksgiving: Regular Thursday customers will be served on Friday, regular Friday customers will be served on Saturday.
Christmas: All service one day later = Regular Monday customers will be served on Tuesday, Tuesday on Wednesday, Wednesday on Thursday, Thursday on Friday, Friday on Saturday.
New Year's Day: Same as Christmas schedule above (all service one day later).
Winterizing your home
If you are leaving for an extended period of time this winter, it is important that your home is protected from freezing pipes. Fall is a good time to double-check your pipes before winter sets in. Here are some tips on winterizing your home:
- Insulate outdoor pipes and faucets.
- Drain and disconnect outdoor hoses.
- Leave furnace on a low setting (55 degrees) as lack of heat can freeze pipes in the wall and basement.
- Insulate pipes and faucets in unheated areas including attics, garages and crawl spaces.
- Ensure vents under your home are closed.
- Locate your main shut-off valve. Knowing where your shut-off valve is located can save time and prevent damage from flooding if a pipe does break.
- Inspect your water system during and immediately following cold weather to ensure your pipes are still in good condition.
Yard waste collection in the winter
Weekly yard waste collection stops after the week of Nov. 20 and reverts back to monthly collection for the winter. Winter collection is always the third week of the month:
- week of Dec. 18
- week of Jan. 15
- week of Feb. 19, and
- week of March 19.
Starting March 26, 2018, yard waste collection will revert back to weekly service.
Paying your utility bill
Pay in person at City Hall, 1049 State Ave., or place your payment in the brown drop box in the City Hall parking lot.
Pay-by-phone at 360-363-8777. *You will need your current bill number.*
Pay with a hassle-free automatic bank draft that will withdraw payment directly from your bank account. You can request a form by mail or bring a voided check to City Hall and complete the form.
Pay by mail. Remit your utility payment to: City of Marysville, PO Box 128, Caldwell ID, 83606
Full payment must be received in our office no later than 5pm on the due date shown on your bill. Checks or money orders should be payable to "City of Marysville." Do not send cash.
Need help setting up your online account?
The following instructions are for after you've successfully set up a new online profile:
- To add an additional account to your online profile
- To change billing information
- To set up AutoPay - please be sure to complete the autopay set up by checking the "Active" box and then "Update Autopay Schedule".
- To sign up for E-Statements
- To update the security question answer
- To update username and password
Discount and rebate programs
The city offers rate discounts on city utilities and a rebate on some utility taxes other than city utilities to eligible low-income senior and disabled citizens. Apply now for the Utility Rate Discount or Utility Tax Rebate.
Recently repaired a water leak? Submit our Leak Adjustment form once you've repaired your water leak so our Utility Billing staff can determine the appropriate adjustment.
Landlord/Tenant Statement for utility accounts
Landlords are required to complete a Landlord/Tenant Statement for Utility Accounts form that authorizes the city to bill the tenant for utility services.
Webcheck Utility Lien Service
Washington state law requires title and escrow companies to contact cities and other local governments about utility liens when a property is sold. As a utility service provider, the City of Marysville contracts with the Webcheck Canopy, Inc. service: http://Web-check.net.